Sue Saunders is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) for 25 years and a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI with IAIM) for 5years, with a nursing, breastfeeding counselling and midwifery background.
Consultations take place in your home or in Sue’s office in Alfred Cove.
What problems is Sue qualified to help with?
Anything that concerns the breastfeeding family during your pregnancy, once baby is born and any age baby. Some examples are:
Slow weight gain/fail to thrive
Crying, colic and reflux
Tongue and Lip Tie
Low milk supply
Painful nipples and breasts
Mastitis, Blocked ducts
Expressing, Returning to work
Following a caesarean section
Baby massage courses, 5 week program
Parents can learn in a friendly and relaxed social atmosphere, at a pace to suit you and your babies:
- Cue-based infant massage uses gentle, tactile stimulation and loving verbal communication to deepen the relationship between you and your baby.
- It is a shared experience, done with the baby not to the baby.
- Learn what each baby is ‘saying’ to you.
- The strokes used can be both stimulating and relaxing, depending on each baby's needs and developmental level.
- It is easy to learn and suitable for the new baby to pre-crawling.
- Your supporters and carers are also welcome to attend.